Edo gets new Speaker
A lawmaker representing Akoko-Edo I State Constituency, Kabiru Adjoto, has been elected the new Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly.
He replaces Justin Okonoboh who was removed Monday morning.
Adjoto would be the fourth Speaker to preside over the Assembly since 2015.
Former Speaker, Victor Edoror, who was impeached in 2016 over alleged high-handedness, dictatorial tendencies and financial recklessness, was elected the Deputy Speaker while Roland Asoro was made Majority Leader.
Adjoto was elected Speaker by 16 lawmakers after a vote of no confidence was passed on Okonoboh.
Meanwhile the new Speaker has set up a three-man panel to probe Okonoboh’s tenure.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
PDP Group accuses Bayelsa commissioner Iworiso-Markson of sponsoring attacks on Jonathan, Ogbia leaders2 months ago / No Comments
*LETTER TO: PRESIDENT BUHARI, VICE PRESIDENT OSINBAJO, TEAM, LEADERS OF VARIOUS GROUOPEN PS & ALL NIGERIANS*5 months ago / No Comments
Democracy Day 2018: Comparing Jonathan’s Achievements in 100 Days to Buhari’s Achievements in 3 Years7 months ago / No Comments
7 months ago / No Comments
- Jonathan spokesman tackles Garba Shehu over comment on Jonathan’s handover notes to Buhari
- Ex-President Jonathan felicitates with Buhari on his 76th birthday
- court declares Jerry Gana SDP presidential candidate
- NEPC encourages women participation in non-oil exports
- Nigeria’s Inflation rate increased in November
- Lagos traders complain of scarcity of LAKE Rice
- 289 anglophone separatists to regain freedom in Cameroon
- Buhari, governors meet in Aso Rock
- Osinbajo to unveil Igbo Ancestry Museum in Anambra