Protesters block NASS gate over NGO bill
A coalition of non-governmental organisations (NGOs) besieged the National Assembly, on Wednesday, to protest the passage of the controversial ‘NGO bill’.
They armed with play cards with all manner inscription to register their grievances over the bill. The protesters forced the security men lock up the main gate of the National Assembly, thus forcing workers to either pass through the back gate or through the gate of the Secretary to Government’s office.
The House of Representatives committee on civil society organisations and development partners is currently holding a public hearing on the bill.
The protesters had converged at the Unity Fountain from where they marched down to the National Assembly entrance gate.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
PDP Group accuses Bayelsa commissioner Iworiso-Markson of sponsoring attacks on Jonathan, Ogbia leaders2 months ago / No Comments
*LETTER TO: PRESIDENT BUHARI, VICE PRESIDENT OSINBAJO, TEAM, LEADERS OF VARIOUS GROUOPEN PS & ALL NIGERIANS*5 months ago / No Comments
Democracy Day 2018: Comparing Jonathan’s Achievements in 100 Days to Buhari’s Achievements in 3 Years7 months ago / No Comments
7 months ago / No Comments
- Ex-President Jonathan felicitates with Buhari on his 76th birthday
- court declares Jerry Gana SDP presidential candidate
- NEPC encourages women participation in non-oil exports
- Nigeria’s Inflation rate increased in November
- Lagos traders complain of scarcity of LAKE Rice
- 289 anglophone separatists to regain freedom in Cameroon
- Buhari, governors meet in Aso Rock
- Osinbajo to unveil Igbo Ancestry Museum in Anambra
- Actress gets $9.5m compensation for sexual harassment