Reno Omokri accuses APC of plot to link Ikoyi $43m to GEJ as more details emerge on suspension of SGF, NIA chief
He said: ” Do you want to know why Lai Mohammed and co are taking a long time to comment on the $43 million? Because it takes time to cook good lies! They do not know how to cook a convincing lie that links Goodluck Jonathan to the money so they have requested technical assistance from more hardened liars. Two things that they will never reveal to the public.
“1. Who owns the Osborne Towers apartment? “2. Why would the EFCC go ahead to raid an apartment if they had actually been warned beforehand that it belonged to a security agency?
“You see, the best script writers are not in Nollywood or Hollywood. They work for the APC!”
Meanwhile Wednesday’s suspension of the director-general of National Intelligence Agency, Ambassador Ayo Oke and the Secretary to the Federal Government, Engineer Babachir David Lawal by President Muhammadu Buhari has confirmed reports that both were enjoying a relationship too cosy to the detriment of Nigerian people.
A new twist on the sum of N13 billion found in a luxury apartment inIkoyi, Lagos emerged Tuesday with a top official of the elite intelligence outfit, the National Intelligence Agency, (NIA) debunking the claim by Mr. Oke that the money officially belonged to NIA.
The top official who spoke on the condition of anonymity had categorically stated that the money was part of the diverted funds approved for the agency or funds which are now being pillaged by the current administration for next elections.
The embattled Director-General was also said to have attained his retirement age about two years ago but because of his romance with the powers that be in the current Presidency he was retained, our source further disclosed.
He said: “Now his exit and that of some members of the kitchen cabinet he has being paying heavily to protect him has become inevitable if President Buhari is serious about anti corruption crusade. It’s also time for him to effect a shake up within his kitchen cabinet especially the Chief of Staff (COS), Alhaji Abba Kyari and Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) Engineer Babachir David Lawal, who are known within our circle to be collaborating with the DG in the concealment of this fund.”
Agents of the Buhari appointees are known to have been employing every crooked means including soliciting the support of the media to twist the truth and divert attention from the real owners of the money. One of such was to find a way to put the blame on the former administration.
It was however gathered that EFCC and the President have been availed of these facts, a development that has encouraged the President’s media managers to subtly discourage media houses from the attempt to blame the plot on the former President.
It would be recalled that a popular newspaper known to enjoy the sympathy of the hawks in this Government had last Sunday flown a kite by reporting that Jonathan was being investigated over some 2015 campaign documents allegedly recovered alongside the money. The newspaper however changed the story the following day after one of the Presidential media aides told them to go easy on the claim upon seeing that the lie was further embarrassing the Buhari Government.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commissions (EFCC) had last week at a luxury apartment on Oborne Road Ikoyi uncovered $43.4million, £27,000 and N23million precisely at House 6 apartment 7B after an alert by a whistle blower.
Since then, controversy has trailed the discovery of the fund. While some said it belonged to former Peoples’ Democratic P party (PDP) Chairman, Former Aviation Minister Femi Fani Kayode and the Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike accused Governor Rotimi Amaechi of being the owner just as the NIA came forward to claim it was meant for its covert operation.